Using touchpad on new MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook, Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Leopard), 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD; 8GB iPod Nano 4G
I'm new to Macs, have used PCs for 20+ years. I just received a new MacBook with the buttonless touchpad. On a PC you could 'click' by touching the tp. I know it can be done on the MacBook but I need to get past the Welcome screen to set up the preference. How do I 'click' so that I can eventually get to the desktop?

Thanks!
Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Literally click the touchpad as it is basically a giant button.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook, Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Leopard), 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD; 8GB iPod Nano 4G
I figured that out a few minutes ago. I was only tapping the touchpad, not realizing I had to press down. Thanks!

Reaction score
You can set it up by going into your System Preferences--> Trackpad--> and then checking off Tap to Click to have it set up the way you use to do on the PC without clicking all the way down on the trackpad but by simply tapping it! It also has good tutorials on the trackpad file when you click on it! Pretty sweet!! I just got mine 2 weeks ago, and I LOVE IT! I've been a PC user for 20 years too!

Reaction score
New to MBPro, too. After you get it set up and with just a little practice it works great. My only complaint is it only takes a tiny touch of the 2nd finger and the pad goes into the scroll mode.

I am really enjoying running WIndows on the MBP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.