No answer to my Starcraft problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stock MacBook running barebones, Leopard 10.5.3
I've read too many Starcraft problem threads today in various forums but can't find a solution to my specific problem:

Trying to install with an official SC copy that I just bought today - I'm running Leopard on my Macbook, 10.5.3. A popular solution to the install not working is to create a disc image and mount it, but my computer just keeps spitting out my disc; this doesn't happen while I'm trying to install, the game tries to read it for a few seconds and immediately spits it out. I tried using the native OSX installer from the Blizzard website but when I try to insert my disc it just does the exact same thing, I'm not too sure myself why I thought it would work differently but I thought I would give it a shot.

Now, I'm dual-booting Windows XP and I have had Starcraft installed there before, but when I tried booting into XP it did the exact same thing, just spat my disc right back out.

Any suggestions from anyone? I miss playing this game so much. :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
this isnt a very good answer to your question but you can buy the downloaded version from blizzard and install the exe that way. it doesnt require the disk to run or install. or even better contact blizzard and tell them you have a legal copy and legal serial of starcraft but your having problems with the disk to install it. they may send you the download for free

OP
Excelsior
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well thanks for the reply anyway, I did already think of that and have contacted them, but the last time I tried to contact support it took quite a while to hear anything back so I was wondering if anyone else happened across a solution in the meantime.

Reaction score
Here is my suggestion.

Go to blizzard.com/store and create an account with them.

Register the games you own to your account using the codes.

Download them. (about 1.2 Gig file for the Starcraft Combo pack)

Make sure it works (it should)

Throw disks away.

OP
Excelsior
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh, excellent idea, thanks a lot. Here's hoping it still works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.