Macbook Black choppy HDTV VLC playback

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Blackbook
I have the latest black Macbook with 4gigs memory. I have it hooked up to my sony kdl-40v4100 1080P hdtv through a mini dvi to HDMI adapter.

When playing movies through VLC player i am experiencing choppy playback. I have tried the 1080P, 1080I and 720P signals all with the same problem.

Is there a setting i am missing with VLC or my Macbook? Is it just that the lack of a dedicated graphics card is causing this issue?

If any of you have any ideas or comments please let me know.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Mac Mini Sony HDTV VLC Video Choppy

I have a similar problem. Does anyone know the solution? I've tried a bunch of software. I hope there is not a problem with my TV... but it can't be the TV because DVD Playback from Mac Mini looks fine on the HDTV. Is there a better media player I should be using? :'(

Problem: All video files play choppy using many different media players.

Hardware:

- Sony LCD HDTV 46" Bravia KDL-46W4100
- Mac Mini 2.0GHz : 320GB NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
- Belkin HDMI to DVI Cable

Software:
- Quicktime
- VLC
- XBMC

Thanks! ;)

Reaction score
This might work

I had a similar issue, I found that changing this preference within VLC allowed me to play fullscreen 1080p without problems, which I did have beforehand.

In VLC, go to Preferences (⌘,) click All preferences in the bottom left corner.
- select Input/Codecs, then within that, Access modules, and finally within that, File.
- change the Caching value (ms) to 800.

:)

Screen shot 2011-03-27 at 11.03.23 AM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.