Another PC convert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook, Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Leopard), 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD; 8GB iPod Nano 4G
Been using PCs for 20+ years and I've finally had enough of them. So I took the plunge and went for it. I received the Aluminum Mac Book today and have been charging it for a few hours. I was told by a Mac tech (at a Mac store) that I then had to run it on battery for 5 hours to calibrate the battery. This needs to be done at least once a month to maintain the longevity of the battery.

I'm having such a silly problem that I feel ridiculous asking this, but...

I need to 'click' on the country I'm in in the Welcome screen but the touch pad doesn't work the same as on a PC. How do I 'click'?

Thanks!
Lisa

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook, Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Leopard), 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD; 8GB iPod Nano 4G
I've done that numerous times and nothing happens. I read on the web that you have to set it up to work that way, but first I need to get past this welcome screen and set up the Mac for the first time. Catch 22!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
You should be able to just click the trackpad by default. Try clicking near the bottom of the trackpad. (make sure you hear a click) If that doesn't work you may have a faulty mouse. I have never personally used a unibody MB, so I can't know for sure how it should work, but maybe take it in to the apple store and have a genius help you sort it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
For temporary purposes, you could connect a USB mouse, which should be recognized even while at the welcome screen.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I feel like such an idiot. I was only tapping the touchpad, I didn't realize you had to press down on it at the bottom like a button. It works...wish I could say the same for the owner! :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Yea - it's basically a giant button. You can turn touch tap on in the system preferences menu though.

Reaction score
LOL... Lisa,,

I just got my MB today and the simplest things just seem so...??? awkward I guess is the right word.

I too, find myself tapping the mouse pad. However, I am quickly liking the configuration of being able to push on the pad to click....

As *** backwards as this all seems I'm liking it already.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.