Problems with downloading an asx file with quicktime pro.

Reaction score
hey guys, i grabbed a .asx file off the net and opened it with quicktime, which started to download it. (looked as if it was buffering / streaming). Quicktime has only fully loaded a .asx file for me once before. But now, the second time, it has stopped buffering and will not resume it...Twice! As a result, i keep having to restart the buffering and lose everything that i previously already had. Is there a way that i can do this without losing what i have already buffered? Thanks in advance.

kadrulz

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and now my quicktime wont even buffer a .asx file. If anyone could help us out I would greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
The flip4mac plug-in seams to be working fine. It plays the advertisement before the video completely. But, when the advertisement is over, it does not continue on to the actual video, it just stops. Is this because the flip4mac does not play ASX files?? The video I am trying to play is a .asx file. If not, what program/plug-in will play this type of file?? Is it possible on a Mac?? Should I dl Windows Media Player instead??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.