• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sanuk sandals. Your opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I'm thinking of getting these Sanuk Donny sandals. Tried them on today and they feel pretty comfortable thought the price is kinda on the steep side. Personally, do you think they're hideous, alright or pretty? I tried them on, and think they go better with shorts or berms, looks a lil weird with my slim cut jeans.

sanuk_sidewalk_surfers_donny.jpg

For more of other designs, you can check out their website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
I've got a pair and I love them, they're really comfy and look great! What more can you ask for?! xD.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i think they're a bit ugly, but this is coming from osmeone who regularly uses a pair of steel toe timberland work books that have the laces tied permanently in a very loose fashion so i can use them as "slip-on" shoes.

Reaction score
i think they're a bit ugly, but this is coming from osmeone who regularly uses a pair of steel toe timberland work books that have the laces tied permanently in a very loose fashion so i can use them as "slip-on" shoes.

That pretty much sums up my timberland work boots perfectly! ;)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ha! that's funny. actually the most comfortable shoes i ever had were colorado work boots kept int he same fashion...

123373711_TnH7h-M.jpg

man, i wish i could find those exact same boots again new. had to get rid of them when the heal cups started disintegrating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Got a pair of 10 hole Red Wing boots on order. Custom measured to my foot and whatnot.

More money than I wanted to spend on boots, but as I've been told, I'll never have to buy another pair again.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
been to red wing. nice place. ;)

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey what happened to my sandals talk LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 ghz, iPhone 3G, And g5 iMac
I think there UGLY personally.

the whole square design of them really makes me disgusted.

alternatives

you go the moccasins which are fun to where all the time and uber comfy
but might not want to be a shoe you where everyday, b/c will most likly will deteriorate the condition of the shoe.

top siders(boats) rather formal but go well with anything i think , I had a pair and wore them all the time.

Pumas currently have this shoe love it goes well with jeans and cargo shorts Comfy and stylish get many compliments from the lady's :) old and young which is kinda creepy*

Top siders(slip ons) look pretty cool and comfy and everday-ish

I dont know your style but think these are descent alternatives.

digimarc.jpg

131510_639.jpg

1_83858_FS.jpg

125410_22.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I think if they had plaid-ish or different colors, I'd wear 'em. From what I've seen on the site, I don't like the colors.. The style is cool in a weird way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I have 3 pairs of Sanuks and I love them.
They are nice on the beach and when you are in COLD northern Michigan weather, they still manage to keep your feet warm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I think they're hideous. Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
They're not bad, yes kind of ugly, but that's by design. The whole distressed look is really in lately. Just have to match them with appropriate clothing.

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just bought 'em today. Really comfy and well, unique. Though I hafta they say they look a lil' like hobo shoes LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
How are you going to wear those when it's -20 degrees F outside?!? What about snow and ice? They don't look too waterproof and certainly aren't going to have much traction on ice.

I believe in only having one pair of shoes at a time. Mine need to be all weather.

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How are you going to wear those when it's -20 degrees F outside?!? What about snow and ice? They don't look too waterproof and certainly aren't going to have much traction on ice.

I believe in only having one pair of shoes at a time. Mine need to be all weather.

Sadly, its 30 degrees here all year round with plenty of sun and high humidity in the air and its forever summer!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.