Weird Universal Dock remote problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" 2.5 Ghz, 8 Gb Ram / iMac 27" 16 Gb Ram / MBP 2.16 Ghz, 2 Gb Ram, iPhone 5, iPad Min
Hi guys, so here's the thing:

I just bought my wife a universal dock with remote and a wall charger so she could set up her ipod at our living room stereo. The IR remote works fine with her 1st gen Nano.

But when I connect my 5th gen classic, the remote doesn't work. I can only use the volume buttons and they will lower or raise it, but without showing the volume bar on the iPod (if I use them on my wife's nano, it will show).

Also, when I connect my son's 3rd. gen Nano, it will work properly.

What gives? Could it be the firmware on the iPod? it would be weird if it was:
5th gen classic: 1.1.1 (Mac)
1st gen nano 1.3 (PC)
3rd gen nano 1.0.2 (PC)

I hope one of you experts can help me out. Thanks in advance!

pf

Reaction score
iPod Universal Dock Remote Problem

I' ve just had the same problem.

Just bought the dock today for my new 120gb classic, and only the volume works. Yet my girlfriends new 8gb Nano works fine, all remote functions work fine.

Does anyone have any solutions... if not the docks going back to the store as it doesn't do what I bought it for.

Please help!

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" 2.5 Ghz, 8 Gb Ram / iMac 27" 16 Gb Ram / MBP 2.16 Ghz, 2 Gb Ram, iPhone 5, iPad Min
SOLVED -
Sorry, I forgot to post my solution:

I updated my iPod software and now the remote works like a charm.

cheers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.