DVD Burner - G4 Powerbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

myjay610

Hi All -

I would like to setup an external DVD burner for my powerbook g4. What I want to do is buy an internal drive and an enclosure and then just build my external that way. Are there only certain drives which work for mac?

I am having a lot of trouble finding information on this - basically I was looking at drives for about $60 - but wasn't sure if they would work on OS/X. The enclosures say it is comptable, however. The brand was Lite On for the drive.

Has anyone done this before? Would I need to get anything else besides the drive and enclosure?

Thanks,
John

OP
M

myjay610

myjay610 said:
Hi All -

I would like to setup an external DVD burner for my powerbook g4. What I want to do is buy an internal drive and an enclosure and then just build my external that way. Are there only certain drives which work for mac?

I am having a lot of trouble finding information on this - basically I was looking at drives for about $60 - but wasn't sure if they would work on OS/X. The enclosures say it is comptable, however. The brand was Lite On for the drive.

Has anyone done this before? Would I need to get anything else besides the drive and enclosure?

Thanks,
John

Oops -- sorry I didn't put this in the powerbook thread, sorry about that.

John

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
No problem it is now in the powerbook forum.

I believe Apple uses Pioneer burners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.