writing reports?

Reaction score
i was wondering what going to be my best option for writing reports, papers, letters, etc..i kinda want something free but with some more options then text/edit..any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i was wondering what going to be my best option for writing reports, papers, letters, etc..i kinda want something free but with some more options then text/edit..any suggestions?

Both NeoOffice and Open Office are good free choices but for just writing reports, papers, letters and general word processing, they're probably overkill.

"Bean" is a small free word processor for OS X. It's fast, easy to use and by default will save documents as *.DOC for MS Office.

Bean: An OS X Word Processor

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
with Bean if i attach a document to an e-mail and send it to my professor will he/she be able to open it within microsoft word?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Try TextEdit which you have installed.
Saves as
Word 2007 docx
Word 2003 XML
Word 97 Doc
plus a few others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.