Macbook for slight video editing?

Reaction score
Alright well currently I have a HP Laptop. I purchased it not to long ago and it works great. I am very happy with it and there are currently no problems other then the hiccups of windows vista, but after seeing iLife 09 and the new video editing program, I fell in love with it and how easy it is to use and understand.

Current Specs of HP Laptop:
-Amd Turion 64x2 @ 1.70ghz(not sure how good this is?)
-3GB ram

I don't do any gaming. I do slight video editing from time to time, and mostly use my computer for messing around with my cell phone (BB Storm), web browsing and emailing. NO gaming!

Now what I am wondering if I am on a tight budget and can only afford used/refurbished which macbook should I purchase that will compare to my current laptop in terms of performance and everything. (Maybe even perform better)

I wasn't sure that if I got an older Dual Core Processor, stuck 3gb of ram in it and put iLife 09 on it and started to do some video editing if she would lag a bit and everything.

I would love to purchase a new macbook for a 1,000 with the new graphic card and everything in it, but at this point in time its just not possible.(max is prob 850$ or so)

What do you guys think?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Refurbished is probably the best way to go since you receive a full Apple warranty along with a very good price. The last generation white or black MacBook would be fine for video editing with iLife09. You should be able to find one for around $850.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
It seems Apple no longer has the white macbook on their refurbished store, anyone know where else I can get refurished macbooks from?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.