A week with my new MBPro 15

Reaction score
After getting rather dissapointed in Thinkpads, which I have used for most of my laptop life, after the third problem, I gave up and bought this Mac Book Pro 15. Being a hard core windows user I was quite interested in the bootcamp feature to run windows.

The first day I divided my 320gb hard drive in half but after seeing how well Vista Ultimate 64bit worked, I went back and reformatted with all but 50gb going to Vista Ultimate 64bit. Vista is blazing fast on the MBPro way faster than my ThinkPad with the same 2.8 processor.

I know many will cringe at the fact that I am going almost full Windows but the MBPro hardware and build quality is far superior to my past Thinkpads. This Apple screen is simply the best I have used on any laptop. It is taking me a little time to get used to the touchpad but bootcamp has made this way more friendly that my past try with apple. With time the touchpad will likely be superior when I get used to it.

Thanks for listening

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4 Hz 4GB RAM
I switched over at Christmas and completely agree with your hardware comments! The screen is simply stunning...

As for the multi-touch trackpad, I set mine up to respond to taps, not clicks. I love the light touch and don't have cramped fingers after using the laptop for an hour or two like I did on past laptops. I think you will find the three fingered forward/backward feature particularly useful, as is the two fingered "right click" feature. Love the trackpad!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.