Help Please

Reaction score
I recently got a second hand Formatted Imac G5 (Isight Version) and ZI have struck a major problem I was installing Ilife 09 when it got to near the end of the install it said "Cd is scratched" or something like that and had to eject. Now whenever I put a cd in it just spins then nothing it doesn't pop up on itunes or the Desktop I really need to be able to put music on itunes.

Im Running on Mac Osx 10.5.6

Edit: Doesnit eject when i press Eject key either I have to restart and press mouse button

Reaction score
It does sound like a faulty Mac, you should get it checked up or replaced entirely if possible. Anyway, here are the alternatives to ejecting the disc other than pressing the eject button.

Solutions

1. First try the normal methods to remove the disc. Drag its icon to the Trash can in the Dock or select 'Eject' from the File menu.
2. If you are running a virtual machine, e.g. VMFusion, ensure that the CD is disconnected from the virtual machine. This will sometimes allow the CD to now show up in Mac OS X.
Shut down the computer and start up whilst holding down the mouse button. This may take some time, but keep your finger on the mouse button right up until the disc comes out or the log-in screen has appeared.
3. If you have Toast Titanium installed on your computer, choose EJECT DISC from the menubar.
4. Sometimes you can successfully use the eject disc button in iTunes even if the disc is not visible to the Finder
5. Open Disk Utility and choose the disc you wish to eject in the left-hand pane, then click on the Eject button.
6. Some Macintoshes have a paperclip hole that you can insert a straightened paperclip into, manually triggering the eject mechanism.
7. Open Terminal and type "drutil tray eject" to eject the disc/tray, and "drutil tray close" to close the tray.
8. Restart the computer while holding down Command-Option-O-F, to enter the Open Firmware prompt. Type "eject cd" without the quotes, and press return. The disk ought to eject. To start into OS X, type "mac-boot" without the quotes. Press return, and the computer will continue with the startup. (This will not work on an Intel Mac. There is no Open Firmware on Intel Macs. )
9. If your computer has an eject button on the keyboard, restart the computer holding down the Option key. When the startup disk selection screen appears, let go of the option key and press the keyboard's eject button.

Reaction score
Those are not steps that you need to take. They are alternatives to what you can do. Try number 2, then so on and so forth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.