• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Deutsches Bierhaus und grill (Spreche Auf Deutsch)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Aptmunich said:
Da hast du völlig Recht. Ich schau auch mindestens 1x täglich auf mac-forums.com, engadget.com und macrumors.com (wenn der server nicht gerade wieder offline ist!).

Ansonsten spiele ich gerne Gitarre und singe in meiner band ampliphonic.

(More german reading at ampliphonic.de ) :)

Hat ja lange gedauert, bis ein echter Deutscher endlich hier auftaucht... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Es ist mein Geburtstag heute! Glückliche Geburtstag mich! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
****.. my german sucks...

uhm...

:( ,,, man,, now im glad im taking those german lessons :bone:

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
ja, ich besuche m-f, macfora.com, versiontracker (firestormcreation.com dev), und neu zu ocforums.com..

und ich spiele halo ein und zwie. miene fruendenin machst uhr sehr groß.

Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Ansonsten spiele ich gerne Gitarre und singe in meiner band ampliphonic.

(More german reading at ampliphonic.de ) :)
Cool band Aptmunich, use to be in a band myself when i was still living in England o years ago. Released the first single on Fortuna pop records, played live, got mugged afterwards when bringing the gear back to my friends house and after that moved to the Netherlands (not for safety reasons). :eek:neye:

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag, deus_ex_machina!

*singen*
Hoch soll er leben,
Hoch soll er leben,
Dreimal hoch!
Er lebe hoch, er lebe hoch!
*singen*

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, Mr Bobbins that's horrible that ya got mugged. Was that gear expensive, or was it replaced easily?

Reaction score
We had already unloaded the band equipment so they only got my wallet with ten pounds in it. One of them did have one of those metal scull rings on when they where punching me which made a bit of a mess. I looked like the Elephant man the next morning, not very pleasant.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yikes, remember to wear your metal scull ring next time, I know, I do. :)

Reaction score
I was thinking more in the line of one of those metal armour suites from king and castle times, then I could turn round and club them with one of those spiky ball, chain, stick type things, get my own back. :ninja:

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aptmunich, I was wondering, when you would show up. Didn't you see the thread before?

Also, bist du Deutscher? In meiner Meinung, ist dein Englisch ziemlich gut. Bist du Engländer? Bist du ein Austauchstudent, der in München wohnt, oder so was?

Du musst meinen Deutsch recht machen, wenn ich einen Fehler mache, um meinen Deutsch zu verbessern. Tut mir sehr leid, aber du musst uns mit Deutsch helfen.

Oh, what the heck gender do I use with the word "German"? For example: "My German needs improving." My Wörterbuch is not very friendly, when I need to know stuff like that! I'll look it up, and all I'll get is Deutscher or Deutsche or deutsch.

Your band looks cool. How old is your band? Or is your band just starting? Does your band sing mostly in German or English? Or a little of both?

Can you recommend any good German bands for me? I have no preference, when comes to different genres of German music. Unfortunately, the only German bands that ever came over to America was Rammstein and Nena, with the song 99 Luftballons. It's sad, when there are no international singers that bother to come to America, like from Europe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
iWhat said:
In meiner Meinung, ist dein Englisch ziemlich gut.

Corrected: Meiner Meinung nach ist dein Englisch ziemlich gut.

iWhat said:
Du musst meinen Deutsch recht machen, wenn ich einen Fehler mache, um meinen Deutsch zu verbessern. Tut mir sehr leid, aber du musst uns mit Deutsch helfen.

It's "mein Deutsch", not "meinen Deutsch" and "richtig machen" or "berichtigen" instead of "recht machen".

iWhat said:
Oh, what the heck gender do I use with the word "German"? For example: "My German needs improving." My Wörterbuch is not very friendly, when I need to know stuff like that! I'll look it up, and all I'll get is Deutscher or Deutsche or deutsch.

Well, it depends...
If "the German" designates a german person, it's "Der Deutsche" for a male and "Die Deutsche" for female person.
If "The German" means the German language, as in your quote, it's "Das Deutsch". I know...complicated. :blind:

German is the only language I know that has three "genders", "der" male, "die" female, "das" genderless (things for example).
Unfortunately, that rule isn't always true, for example "das Mädchen" mean the girl, which obviously is female. In English it's A LOT easier, it's always "the" :black:

Hope that helps...

By the way, iWhat, your German is really good. Did you learn it only at school, or have you spend some time in Germany?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
iWhat said:
Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag, deus_ex_machina!

*singen*
Hoch soll er leben,
Hoch soll er leben,
Dreimal hoch!
Er lebe hoch, er lebe hoch!
*singen*

Danke, iWhat
Ich habe Steve Jobs die gleiche Geburtstag gehört. Verschiedene Jahre obwohl.
(Mein Deutsch ist nicht groß.)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much for your help, Avalon!

Well, In my junior year of high school, I only took German, because I had friend that I want to take it with. But sure enough, he never ended up being in any of my german classes from then on. Then, I thought, oh, great, now I'm stuck in German with no help. I got good grades in it the first year of German, but the second year, I blew everyone out of the water. I was getting great marks left and right in German. So in high school, I only took two years.

At my junior college, there are only German classes 1-4 you can take (1 being the easiest and 4 being the more advanced), but out of the four, the college only offers two classes, because nobody wants to take anything after German 2. I tested into German 3, but decided to go to German 2, because I forgot some stuff and needed to refresh my mind. Then I got into German 3, now I'm waiting to take German 4. So I'm still waiting to take my last class of German, before it is time to continue onto a four year college. So I have only taken two semesters of German.

But now, I'm apart of a German club in my city, called the German-American Festival Society. And I take German lessons there in my free time. The club is very well-known in the city, and the history of the club goes way back. Here is the website, (Removing link, ask for it you want it) . All of you can look at the photos to see what the club is about on the website, it's the link in the middle. Our festival is very popular; people come from all around for the food, beer, and activities. (Edit): I think, our club is like the second biggest German club in the U.S.

I still have yet to go to Germany; I want to go really badly. I was going to go, but my school cancelled our class trip, because of 9/11. So I never got to go. I love Europe, POINT BLANK! I can't wait to go. So it's great to chat with you Europeans!

There you go, more than ya ever wanted to know about me.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:) deus, Sorge nicht, Ihres duetsch willt Verbessen Sie.

mien ist verbesse ich Hoffnung

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
My one sentence in German: Das est nicht mein speck.

(speck=bacon)

Sorry if I spelled that wrong. This is what I get for being a Spanish major and a French minor and only knowing one sentence in German.

All right, I think it's time to start an Español and/or Français thread.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha, yeah. das ist gut!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I never heard of a sentence that used bacon, but I have heard a sentence that used the word beer. Example: Das ist nicht mein Bier. Which would translate, that's not my cup of tea, even though, Bier is of course beer.

I know that is was only a matter of time, before there was another foreign language thread. Good Luck with your thread, Beatles4Life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
das es nict gut, si o no? lo siento amigos, bonjour

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.