ipod classic prob

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have tried putting an album on my classic with 14 tracks on the album. The prob I have is when it's on my ipod I have 2 albums that is the same? One has the first 13 tracks on it and the Second album has track no. 14 on it!!

Any ideas why as this has never happened to me before?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Probably the spelling of the album.

For example, iTunes sees Album and album as to different albums.

Find the track with the improper spelling correct it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Probably the spelling of the album.

For example, iTunes sees Album and album as to different albums.

Find the track with the improper spelling correct it.

Nope, just been through both albums and they are spelt the same andI have looked at the album listing and the artisit too!

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
It is the album, it's just more complicated
(A short lesson is needed):

iTunes is a very large, very powerful tool.
It primarily manages files for your iPod.
Here is the basic play out of its file categorization process:
Album
Artist
Song Title

We're going to focus on Albums. The iTunes Store is the largest collection of products in one place in human history (More than 11 million different files). Most of the the files are songs, they come from approximately half of a million albums. Some of the albums are the relative same.
Meaning, different versions of the same album (i.e. Album (and another version) Album [Deluxe Edition]).
When the iTunes Music Manager processes album artwork or what artist or song you downloaded, it uses information from the iTunes Store, you can also think of it as a database. If the information isn't in the database, it can't process the information correctly (but that's a problem for someone else to face, not you, not now).

On to your problem.
As you may have figured out by this point, the problem is the album has at least two versions in the iTunes database. You might have bought a deluxe version, or an extended edition of the album and some of the songs might not have been on the original album.

As for the solution, it's extremely difficult to fix, but if you really want me to, I'll tell you how.

But I offer an alternative.
Create a new playlist, name it the title of the album (or whatever you wish) and copy all of the songs from the album into it.
Presto, your "album" is ready to go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
Also something I do quite often is select all the songs on the album within iTunes then right click and say get info, the Album spot will probably be blank because one of them is different. Type the name of the album in the album spot, hit ok and it changed them all to that title.

It has worked many times for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Hmm
Well...
Do that, what I was thinking you had to do is the same thing, except take a thousand times longer and be a hundred times as complicated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.