Trouble with Tables in Pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.53 Intel 4GB, OS 10.5.6
Help.! I'm new to Pages, and I can't get it to allow table rows to continue onto the next page. They just disappear behind the footer as the row gets bigger. And the following rows move to the next page as soon as they don't fit on the current page. I've looked everywhere, and I'm stumped. Will Pages even do it? Word did it automatically.

THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Howdy. If you are using the page layout document, then the tables will not split properly. If you start a document in word processing mode, then the table will extend to the next page.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, shades. I'm afraid that I am already working in word processing mode. My table IS extending to the next page, it's my big fat ROWS that are NOT. My rows are sometimes quite long. When a row will no longer fit on a page, it pops to the next page. If a row gets longer than a page, then it will not expand from one page to the next. The text just disappears behind the footer. I wrote these kinds of documents in Word all the time, and the row would just continue on the next page. I feel like there's got to be a setting somewhere that will allow it to wrap, but maybe not. Any clues are greatly appreciated. -kdid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which version of Pages are you using?

In Pages 08, the split will only occur at cell border, an individual cell will not split. You might have to split into separate cells to make it work properly. Not the best situation, but it might work for you.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep, I'm on 08. I was afraid that was the case. Does 09 let you split cells? Thanks for your help. -kdid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, still not possible in 09. You could suggest it on the official channel: In Pages menu, select "Provide Pages Feedback." It might make it in '10.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to do that soon. -kdid

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.