Macbook Pro running slowly/freezing

Reaction score
So, I got my Macbook Pro late August of last year. It's been fine until a few weeks ago when it would start freezing up a lot (the beach ball always appearing) and oftentimes I would have to force quit (in Safari). Sometimes, when I scroll down a page with the two finger scroll, it lags a little and the beach ball comes up. Finally, when I try to swtich tabs in Safari, oftentimes freezes up. I thought Macs were relatively good in these areas? What can I do to fix these slowups?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
if you're maybe running more stuff at once and you don't have much space on your hard drive, it will get slow, veery slow ... you could always try running some cleaning tools like Onyx ... not much to help you though, sry :-(

OP
O
Reaction score
well, do macs get spyware, worms, trojans, etc like windows? If not, why would it run so slowly? My computer is pretty new, and I don't run that many programs at once (I also have 2gb ram)

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I had a similar problem on my brand new MBP. It turned out it was my HDD so I swapped it out and now it is fast. I doubt this is your problem. I agree with scathe. Try Onyx also check your permissions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.