• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Google Bug

Reaction score
has even seen the google bug
you go to google and all the search results give a message saying this site may harm your computer.
wehn you click on it it says Warning this site may harm your computer and when you try to go to it by clicking safe browsing diagnostics page it says
Server Error

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds.

crazy aint it...some other search engines will have to be used now...:Angry-Tongue:

googs 1.jpg

google 2.jpg

googs 3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Why would I use any other search engine besides Google? Even with the occasional hiccup, they all suck in comparison.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AlumiMac24/MBP
About 2 hours ago I started getting the "may harm your computer" thing in Google... it's blocking me out of most pages that come up in any search that I do...

Aggravating...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AlumiMac24/MBP
10:30 am east coast: definitely Google's problem... rumor has it that they are testing some kind of security issue... but as of right now, it looks like they have ceased the testing and things are back to normal, search wise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3" 2.4 Ghz Stock
Why can't they test in the middle of the night when internet traffic is way down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Why can't they test in the middle of the night when internet traffic is way down?

Because they like to annoy people like you who get their panties in a bunch over the slightest thing. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
yeah but when ever they test it will be middle of the day some where in the world... and yeah google is the best...msn, yahoo.. pretty crappy

Reaction score
yeah but when ever they test it will be middle of the day some where in the world... and yeah google is the best...msn, yahoo.. pretty crappy
I talked with Apple on Sunday pre-Super Bowl and it was a mutual issue -- meaning it was not solely a problem on Google's part.

Some of you may have also experienced at that time the inability to run 'Software Update' and were prompt by your machine to check Network Diagnostics even though your internet connection was stable.

Everything is back to normal now, so no worries. :)

Reaction score
Internet traffic has rather substantial peaks during the night actually and no, I am not talking slightly marginal ones either.

Any time is going to be a bad time to one time zone or another.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.