New Mac, old iPhone

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone (1.1.3) which was synced to a Mac that got stolen in December. I recently got a new computer and was able to transfer most of the information from my old Mac to the new one from a backup but discovered that I hadn't backed up my old iTunes library!
However, to add new music to my iPhone I get the message that the device is synced with another library and I need to erase and sync, etc.
Will the jailbreaking/unlocking be affected by this? And will the contacts, call log, SMS messages be erased when I resync?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I THINK that this situation is similar to when you sync an iPod to a different computer. It will erase all the music, podcasts and so on. Then replace it with what's on the new computer. This isn't a restore procedure so it shouldn't have anything to do with updating the firmware. As far as the contacts and other info I'm not to sure about that...

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation...all my music is on my iPod, but my laptop got stolen and I've gotten a new one since. I would like to sync all of my music and playlists from my iPod to my new computer.

Are there any apps out there to do this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.