MacPro and a big monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
Hi,

Please excuse my english as I am not good at it. I try my best to explain my problem. I hooked up my 22 inches monitor with my MacPro. With both on, it's a bothersome. When I closed my MacPro so I can work on the big screen, I get a black screen. Is there some way I can work on the big screen with macpro closed?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think you must be referring to operating your MacBook Pro in clamshell mode? Yes, it's possible. Here's how:

1. You will need an external keyboard and mouse.

2. Attach the 22" monitor to your MBP. Open System Preferences, Display, and setup the 22" monitor to "mirror" your MacBook Pro.

3. Attach the external keyboard and mouse. Close the lid on your MBP to put it to sleep. Wait about 10 seconds and then tap a key on the external keyboard to wake the MBP up. Keep the lid shut. The external display will come on. You can now use your MBP with the lid shut.

NOTE: You must be on AC power to do this. It will not work when operating from the battery.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.