iWeb site w/ flash doesn't work with iE 7 but works with FireFX

Reaction score
Simply put, I have created a site with iWeb '08 which works fine with Firefox and others, but the flash in the upper region below the menu doesn't work with iE 7 (PC). If I remember correctly, when I designed it initially in iWeb '07, everything worked fine. Since then I upgraded to iWeb '08; everything was still working fine. I believe that sometime later, I installed iE 7 (PC) for testing and have noticed that the flash header media file doesn't load. Actually, I received several responses stating that it didn't load the header flash file and began troubleshooting.

I simply have an HTML widget that calls the flash file.

http://www.bythebladekc.com

Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

Reaction score
i think the problem is when you use the html tag <embed> which ie don´t recognise.
if you want i can send you a piece of code for inserting flash in web pages that works in firefox,ie,safari for example.

OP
W
Reaction score
If you have code that will work, I am certainly interested in looking at it. Currently I have manually fixed it with dreamweaver but in the future I would like to have it export from iWeb correctly without having to use and editor or other 3rd party software to make that portion of the site work.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
I recommend you don't worry about it. Internet Explorer lost its standard to Firefox and is now the bottom choice when it comes to web browsers. Within a couple of years, it'll take the way of NetScape, and besides, its users don't deserve to see the internet. Advise those of them that are still out there to upgrade to a real browser like Safari or Firefox, or even Opera or Google Chrome if you will.

OP
W
Reaction score
I understand that ie is, and will go down. In the mean time though, I can only influence so many people. The particular site that I am administering happens to have an audience whom a majority prefers Bill Gates as their dictator. They are probably the same people who shop at Walmart 4 days a week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Ha!

That's just plain funny.

Reaction score
<embeb> flash movie in web page

Hi sorry for the delay...
Code for flash insert all commom browsers ok:

<embed style="width:979px; height:142px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
src="../../flash/gestevent.swf" flashvars=""></embed>

Adapt :width:height:src to values of your film and path in server to the film
Note that this way to <embeb> doesn´t validate html...but it´s a sacrifice for it to display in ie.

Hope it will help,

Arthur

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.