Help, New Macbook pro spontaneous freeze!

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I just bought a brand new macbook pro in August, and since I have had it, it has been having spontaneous freezing problems. The trackpad and keyboard just stop communicating with the rest of the computer. The trackpad lags a bit too at times. The only fix is ctrl,alt,delete and power button to force a restart.

I took it into the "genius" bar and they kept it and ran tests, I got it back 3 days later with a new logic board, which was supposed to fix the problem.

It was okay for about 2 days but the problem is back. It isn't as frequent but its still there.

Has anyone had this problem or heard of this problem?

If it is a problem they cannot identify, what are the chances they give me a whole new system? I had an ibook for about 3 years with not a single problem.

I am in school and cannot afford to keep bringing my computer in for these alleged "tests". Does anyone have any much appreciated suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.