• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Cookies!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz Intel Core Duo
How do you enable them or find out if they are enabled? I'm having trouble with Final Cut and I need support from Apple but I can't log in to an Apple support forum although I have an Apple ID.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Firstly, what browser are you using?

All browsers control cookies vis their Preferences > Privacy. You can:
1. accept them regardless, or
2. you can accept them only from sites you visit directly (no referrals), or
3. you can be asked if you want to accept cookies (not Safari).

I recommend that you use a browser that gives you maximum control over cookies. Many cookies are simply a portal to displaying ads, but in the case of Apple, it needs certain details of your computer, and of course your login ID. Make sure that you have the appropriate Apple cookies on board and enabled (check Exceptions too) before you try to link to Apple.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2GHz Intel Core Duo
Safari.

Now I can log in to the Apple forum that I couldn't before. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.