• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Please give me some advice

Reaction score
Hi guys I did allot of reading and let me start by saying you have a nice site here.

I finally bought a new Imac last week and am just starting to find my way around. I did by Mac for Dummies and Final Cut for dummies.

I have a Canon GL2 camera and like to burn my footage to DVD adding music every once and a while nothing too fancy. I bought and installed Final Cut Pro but am finding really hard to work with. I used Adobe Elements on my PC and found it easy to import from the cam add some music and hit the burn to DVD button.

I have been able to import my footage into FC but cant seem to get it to do anything else even with the help of the dummy book.

Is there another software out there that you guys like better or that is a little easier to work with ?

Any help and advice would be appreciated !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.