camera detection when connecting to mac

ElH

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a camera, from which I would like to copy the pictures onto a Mac OS X laptop.
However, when I connect the camera, it starts up iPhoto, and the camera doesn't show up as a HD on the desktop..only in iPhoto.
I'm thinking that, maybe, the camera will show up normally on the desktop if I can stop iPhoto from automatically opening whenever the camera's connected.
I can't find out how to prevent this from happening, though, and so I have no idea how to get the camera to show up on the desktop..

Hoping for help :)

El

Reaction score
if you open iphoto then look in top of window click on iphoto scroll down to preferences and click in the general window you will find, connecting camera opens and in there you can choose no application .. hope this goes someway to helping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
If you camera is a Canon, it will not mount to the desktop. You can use Image Capture to import without iPhoto. YOu can also select preferences in Image Capture as to what you want to happen when you connect your camera.

OP
E

ElH

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions, and sorry for my late response..

I'm afraid I couldn't find the setting that you're referring to, Hacky. I'm not sure what the reason is..the program is in German, though I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
I managed to deactivate that iPhoto opens when a camera is connected thanks to a pop-up window I got when starting up the program..which hadn't appeared before, nor has it again since.

@ skybolt
The camera's a Nikon..maybe the same applies to a Nikon as does to a Canon?

El

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.