From apple store: "unexpected delay" with iMac. Possible new upgrades?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
From apple store: "unexpected delay". Possible new upgrades?

On January 22nd, I placed an order for an iMac from Apples online Canada store. The original ship date was set at 2-4 days (23-28th) to be delivery Jan 28th - Feb 3rd.

I received an email today from apple saying "Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following item(s) as follows: Ships by 2 - 4 Business days" (which is Feb 2nd-4th) "to be delivered by Feb 4th - 10th"

What is this "unexpected delay"? It wasn't a custom order, it was a standard 24" iMac with wireless keyboard + mouse.

What are the chances that they're holding off, waiting for an upgrade to be announced before sending them out? Is that being to optimistic? I know they're 65 days overdue for an upgrade.

What do you guys think? Has anyone else before had an "unexpected delay"? Would it be wise to cancel the order and hold off until the upgrades?

I'm at a loss. I went ahead and bought it because I hate people who wait for upgrades... but maybe this is a sign?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Maybe an "unexpected delay"...is simply that...and unexpected delay.

Maybe the store is temporarily/unexpectedly out of stock of the item you ordered.

Of course it would be exciting if Apple was to announce new models.

Wait & see,

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I knew it!!

.....I should have waited.

If you're so sure that in some way your getting a bad deal...and since you haven't received the computer yet...why not cancel the order or refuse the shipment when it arrives!

If it's true that Apple is announcing new iMac models (and you don't like them)...you can always reorder the same iMac you are currently due to receive (the Apple store will have refurbished unit's & possibly new units as well).

Seems like a simple solution to me!

- Nick

Reaction score
I think you'll find it was to do with iLife 09 ;)

Mine too was delayed - and then shipped the day iLife 09 started shipping - others have reported the same

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That'd be nice -I added some $ to my account today in preparation of buying the uptodate iLife thing,

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac arrived! How long should I wait before turning it on (to prevent condensation -from being in the cold (2'C)) ..it's sitting here teasing me..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook
I would of thought leave it over night in a warm room and it should be OK.

iMac arrived! How long should I wait before turning it on (to prevent condensation -from being in the cold (2'C)) ..it's sitting here teasing me..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.