Windows user wanting to go Mac

Reaction score
Good morning all, I am a windows user that does Photography and have been told that I should really think about going Mac. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. My main concern is networking with windows computers, I connect to the office through a VPN, from what i hear I should have no problems. Then I was told that you can have mac and windows on the mac book pro, is this correct? and how does that work and does it slow up the computer? I still have 3 other window computers that I would be connecting to at home working on a webpage and not sure if there will be issues there. I plan on eventually going all Mac but will take some time to get all the programs I will need (and want).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Let's move this thread over to the "Switcher's forum". You'll likely get better replies there.

Reaction score
It's not just Macbook Pro that allows you to run both Windows and Mac OS. It is any system that is intel based and running leopard. You may not have to have leopard but if you buy a new machine that is what you will be running for an OS.

For photography a Mac is great. Screen resolutions, computing power, and programs offered is second to none.

The systems also function more smoothly than windows in my opinion. I haven't seen many error boxes yet with my Mac so that is always one upside of owning one.

But remember, initial setup is pricey and software is about the same as with windows. So keep that in mind before you purchase. GOOD LUCK!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Any of the new intel based macs have the option to have mac os x and what ever os you want for example windows. Samba is your friend if you want to network with windows and or linux machines. As said before the screen resolutions are better, computing works faster and smarter, but the main down side to using a mac is the cost factor. Part of that cost factor too is that a good part of your software is not mac friendly.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks all for the input, I do know that the software is really going to cost me that is why I figured if I ran both os I could slowly get the software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.