Aperture 2.0 v. Adobe Photoshop Elements for Mac -- opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black 2.2GHz 160GB HD 4GB RAM
Unless someone wants to nominate a different software, the choice for me has come down to these two. I have no hands-on experience with either. If anyone has worked with either or both, what were your impressions of the software and which would you recommend, and why?

Reaction score
They really serve a different purpose, so it's hard to compare. Aperture and Adobe Lightroom handle the essentials of photo organization and treatment, while Photoshop (even Elements, but I can't live without the real deal) is better suited for major work.

Not that I don't know a number of photogs who still use Photoshop full time for everything, but it just seems unnecessary these days.

Personally, I use Adobe Lightroom. I started out using Aperture and loved it, but Lightroom had features that really let me push some of my treatments in ways that I hadn't been able to in Aperture.

Either way, I'd choose between Lightroom and Aperture and forget stinky Photoshop Elements.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.