Theme Help Needed Please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66GHz Quad-CoreXeon, 8GBRAM, 2.6TBHDD, NvidiaGT120|2GhzCore2Duo, 2GBRAM, 160GBHDD, Nvidia9400M
Hey there, I have Leopard and found this cool, Crystal Clear theme:

Download Crystal Clear for Mac - Shapeshifter theme, experiment in transparency. MacUpdate Mac ShapeShifter Software Downloads

I'm having trouble figuring out how to install it. The installation instrcution said to drag the file: "SetAlphaValue4CC" into /Library/InputManagers then continue with the installation. I did so and it took seconds then it said to restart the computer. I did that and found that nothing had changed. Is there something I'm missing? Did I miss a step or do something wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
ShapeShifter themes do not work with 10.5. Leopard uses a completely different method of displaying visual elements of the OS from those used in previous versions. Shapeshifter has not been updated to work with Leopard yet.

If you are interested in theming Leopard, you might want to check out the forums at macthemes2.net. There are some themes which have been ported, and some which have been created for Leopard. None seem to match the quality of theming in Tiger, but it's a start. Also if there are any breakthroughs in Leopard theming, you are most likely to hear about it there first. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.