ipod library to PC transfer-question

Reaction score
I hope its ok to ask a 1/2 Apple, 1/2 PC question O:)

This is an iTunes question..

I just bought a new computer (PC). I installed my old drive as a second drive on the new computer.

I installed iTunes and pointed it to my old hard drive's music folder. When all the music was loaded I noticed that it said 4,057 songs. But my iPod says almost 6,000 songs.

To complicate things, I have since bought some new music that I added to the new library. So, I can't just delete the library on the new computer and rip iPod.

Is there a software that would allow me to do a side by side comparison of iTunes library and iPod library so that I only transfer iPod songs that are not already on new computer?

I have looked into different programs- Senuti, Cucusoft etc..
but I can't tell if these programs allow you to do the side by side comparison. I don't want to end up with duplicates if the software transfers my entire iPod. And I need to see the libraries side by side to see what I am missing.

Also, if I could transfer playlists, that would be great.

And finally, I heard that sometimes music gets snippy/choppy after it is transferred. Are there programs that are better at maintaining the music quality?

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.