Problems with Mail with my new iMac

Reaction score
I just bought a new iMac and had all my data from my old PowerBook G4 transferred to it. Everything seems to be working well except for Mail. I can't see any messages whatsoever, either in my inbox or in the folders I use to organize my messages (the folders are visible but no emails inside). Through Finder, I can see that all the data is there-- In fact, I can even read individual messages in CoverFlow. (I use Gmail POP but download everything to my computer, I don't leave anything on the server.) However, if I doubleclick on an email message, it switches to Mail as if something is going to open, but nothing does. Also, Mail isn't responding to Quit. I have to use Force Quit.

Any idea what's going on? I know there's a TON of messages to keep track of but my old computer was managing just fine. I tried reindexing the messages by dragging the "Envelope Index" folder to the desktop, but nothing changed.

OP
C
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.