girlfreind threw water at me while holding macbook

Reaction score
thought everything was fine until i began to type letters zxcvbn do not work and the apple command key on the left side of the board is out opened it up and tried drying out it was not alot of water still nothin only a day so far but would like to know what i have to replace logic board or key board logic board looked fine far as i could see so did keyboard any advice greatly appreciated

OP
F
Reaction score
just use a program call optionalt which shows they keys work but are not being recognized and advice

Reaction score
The first thing after a water incident is to let de machine DRY. Remove the battery and leave it like that for i dunno, a couple of hours/days whatever.

Starting it up and messing around was not a good idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Get a smarter Girlfriend :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
Have girlfriend buy you a replacement and give her the damaged one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Which generation MacBook?

The problem (at least with the black / white models) is that the keyboard is a part of the entire top case assembly. You'll pay around $200 to replace it memory serves me correctly...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Umm, you made a mistake in your thread title. It should say, "EX-girlfriend threw water at me while holding macbook"

:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Umm, you made a mistake in your thread title. It should say, "EX-girlfriend threw water at me while holding macbook"

:Smirk:

LOL I was just thinking is she blonde?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
oh cmon guys, you're gicing him a hard time ... but yeah, did you at least get something out of it from her? :D :D

but it really depends on how much water there was, try leaving it in a warm dry place for half a day or so and then see ... but you will probably have to get it replaced :(

OP
F
Reaction score
lol shes not blonde and wish she could buy me a replacement unfortunately i luv her its a late 2007 model 2.16 ghz intel 2 core duo so i should just buy a top case because i wasnt sure if it waz the top case or logic board

OP
F
Reaction score
pretty confident i can do it my self i opened it up already and blow dry the top case waz not any water present or water damage that i could see just want to be a hundred percent positive i just have to buy top case and not logic board lemme kno guys thanks alot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
OP
F
Reaction score
well found out from ifixit just need topcase ordered one used on ebay lets hope for the best

OP
F
Reaction score
just installed new topcase that i ordered from ebay for 32 bucks works perfectyl fresh 1 applestore 0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
The first thing after a water incident is to let de machine DRY. Remove the battery and leave it like that for i dunno, a couple of hours/days whatever.

MINIMUM 48 hours to dry out a spill and that's assuming you're putting the device in a warm area such as near a furnace vent, or under a small reading lamp.

Best to err on the side of caution however and wait as long as possible before powering things back up. Generally I leave wet electronics for about a week before even considering applying power.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.