Apple Remote Desktop Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
ever since i sold my blackbook and replaced it with an aluminum macbook i have had unusual problems controlling my iMac from my macbook. it seems to work for a short time but then my control starts to act up and i have to disconnect and reconnect to get it working properly again.

there are several symptoms but the main problem is that if i try to say open up safari from the dock it just opens the applications window or if i try to select a file like a movie to open if just highlights it or open it and every following selection in a new window.

i really hope that someone has an explanation as to what might be causing this because constantly having to close remote desktop and restart it is becoming annoying.

i never had this problem before.

both the iMac and the Macbook book are fully updated and running 10.5.6.

thanks for any sugestions.

OP
fletch33
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
ever since i sold my blackbook and replaced it with an aluminum macbook i have had unusual problems controlling my iMac from my macbook. it seems to work for a short time but then my control starts to act up and i have to disconnect and reconnect to get it working properly again.

there are several symptoms but the main problem is that if i try to say open up safari from the dock it just opens the applications window or if i try to select a file like a movie to open if just highlights it or opens it and every following selection in a new window.

i really hope that someone has an explanation as to what might be causing this because constantly having to close remote desktop and restart it is becoming annoying.

i never had this problem before.

both the iMac and the Macbook book are fully updated and running 10.5.6.

thanks for any suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.