• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Netbooks

OP
Avenger2SER
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
I have a circuit city around the corner from my office, I'm going to go check out the s10 today at lunch, see how much they're discounting them... might get a deal, we'll just have to wait and see.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a circuit city around the corner from my office, I'm going to go check out the s10 today at lunch, see how much they're discounting them... might get a deal, we'll just have to wait and see.

If it's anything like the one here, don't bother.

The liquidators took all of the sales prices out. So, everything is at MSRP, with a global 10% discount (20% on a handful of items). We stopped there yesterday and laughed our way out of the store.

My co-worker just bought a big LCD TV. He saw almost the same model there, but it was the next step down. It was a used floor model and it was still marked up $400 over what he paid for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
I think the iBook G3 wouldn't really be suited to life as a netbook... just too many disadvantages. It's slower, much heavier and larger (even though it's small!), and the years really take their toll on both screen brightness and battery life. Not to mention there's no warranty and iBook G3s are prone to motherboard failures.

OP
Avenger2SER
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think the iBook G3 wouldn't really be suited to life as a netbook... just too many disadvantages. It's slower, much heavier and larger (even though it's small!), and the years really take their toll on both screen brightness and battery life. Not to mention there's no warranty and iBook G3s are prone to motherboard failures.

Not to mention I'd have to upgrade the HD if I wanted to really do keep it useful, and that's not something I ever look forward to :\

The thing with circuit city though is that I stopped in yesterday and took a look at the device, they wanted $350 -10%, but I could have sworn it was the higher end model (1gb/160gb HD) that sells for $399 at lenovo. guess I'll find out in about 30 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
OP
Avenger2SER
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well they had the high end model for $359, and I was ready to buy it... but they didn't have any in stock. Oh well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.