Do i have to uninstall/delete ilife 08 if i am installing 09?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR3, OSX 10.5.6

well, i know it works, but, I just don't want rubbish piling up my registry list, and don't wanna let the old crapy stuffs slow down my Macbook.

so do i have to? and if yes, how do i do? you know, in PC, there are alot of rubbish leaving behind if you just hit the uninstall button, and let the PC do the rest.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

well, i know it works, but, I just don't want rubbish piling up my registry list, and don't wanna let the old crapy stuffs slow down my Macbook.

so do i have to? and if yes, how do i do? you know, in PC, there are alot of rubbish leaving behind if you just hit the uninstall button, and let the PC do the rest.

Good news. The registry exists in Windows only. You don't have one on OS X to worry about. I believe iLife '09 will simply upgrade '08, but if you're uninstalling software, the majority of the time, you can just drag it to the trash as the applications are usually completely self-contained.

If you want something that will also search for and take out bits that might be left behind in other folders, check out AppCleaner.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR3, OSX 10.5.6
Thanks buddy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.