pics of my setup macbook / 37"

Reaction score
I just bought the mini dvi to dvi adapter and am using an ilo 32" as an external display.

Thought I'd make a few pics ... so far everything looks great! I wish the tv had a tad more resolution as everything is fairly big, but it works..

Right now the macbook is running at 1280 x 800 and the tv is running at 1024 x 768

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

full screen 12mp picture
IMG_0002-2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
i could never sit close to something that large. if its comfortable for you than congrats.

OP
Q
Reaction score
its not bad.. my eyes are usuallyaround 4 feet from the screen, and i set the brightness as low as it goes..

The TV was originally bought for "TV purposes" and while it still functions as my bedroom tv, if if i were to buy a tv for a monitor only it would be more like a 26'' or so

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Another problem with that TV is that it is a widescreen TV with a 4:3 aspect ratio, so everything on the screen is stretched and distorted. A widescreen TV of that size should have a resolution of at least 1280x720, which would be a proper 16:9 resolution, but for some reason some manufacturers decide to stretch a 4:3 resolution across a 16:9 area. This makes everything look short and fat, and stretched horizontally. It is obvious just from looking at the pictures of your set up that this is the case. My old plasma TV had the same problem, and I could never use it attached to my computer because of the distortion this caused.

1024x768, even if it was displayed properly. is far too low of a resolution for a screen that large, if it is being used as a monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.