Disk Utility Problem

Reaction score
My MacBook has been making kind of a grinding/clicking noise sometimes when things are loading and so I tried to check it out and ran Disk Utility. The first time I ran it, it said "filesystem verify or repair failed," and I ran it a second time and had the same result. I restarted my computer and ran Disk Utility again, and then it said (in green letters) that my disk seemed to be running OK. Does this mean that everything really is OK, or should I not trust it because of the sound that my Mac has been making? Ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2,1, 2.0Ghz Core Duo 2, 4Gb RAM, 250GB HD
The Disk Utility only verifies the data on the disk, so it's telling you that, as far as the actual operation of your HDD, every thing's cool. I also have an odd sound coming from my HDD (sounds like a faucet dripping in the sink), but it's functioning perfectly. I just make sure I keep an up to date image in Time Machine and if my HDD fails, then I may be out the money I spent on the hardware, but not out the priceless data on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.