3 Displays?

Reaction score
I have to say I'm not hopeful about this but hopefully someone can help.

At the moment I have a Macbook and a 22 inch screen connected via VGA to make dual screen.

Recently I got a new 32 inch LCD TV which is the other side of my room. I want to be able to watch my movies and stuff on it.

At this point I have a long VGA lead that runs to my MacBook and I unplug the 22 inch screen. I also have a VGA splitter that allows me to have the same images on both external displays but I was wondering if there was a way for the TV screen to be treated as it's own screen. So for example I can watch a film on the TV while using both screens of my computer.

Or am I just being greedy?

Hopefully someone out there can help. Also sorry If this is in the wrong place I wasn't sure where it belonged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
The only way to achieve this is through an ExpressCard video card, but the MacBook doesn't have an ExpressCard slot so you don't really have any option.

Best you could do would be to get a VGA switch so you don't have to keep manually changing the cables.

EDIT: Changed ExpressPort to ExpressCard.

OP
dups12345
Reaction score
I thought that would be the case.

thanks for your help anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.