Firefox Crashing with Canon IP4500

T

Terry_C

Does anyone have a Canon IP4500 printer and uses Firefox 3.0.5? If so are you able to print more than once without FF crashing? I've posted this on the Mozilla support forums but had no help (even though the crash report is 15 in their top 100 so others must be having the problem!) So was wondering if any other MAC users have this problem with this combination.

In summary I can print once to printer, PDF or Preview after then a number of FF menu options are greyed out including print (this is a known FF problem.) If you open a new FF window (or bring another programme into focus and go back to FF) all menu options are available but if you print (or CMD P) FF crashes with the same crash report every time.

I've reinstalled aclean FF build, run in safe mode and reinstalled the printer driver but to no avail.

Reaction score
I also get this problem using Mac OS 10.5.6, Firefox 3.0.4 and a Canon MP620. I also have no idea why it happens. I tried Firefox about:config and reset print.print_printer but no change. Also tried resetting print.macosx.pagesetup-2 but no success either.

Reaction score
I get the same problem with OS 10.5.6 and canon MP480, every single time I print from firefox, it will crash and i have to restart, it still prints, but it crashes. So annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.