Automator to redial/reconnect DSL service

Reaction score
My ISP has been having this very weird problem for the past few weeks. I already asked about how long this will last, and they haven't given me anything to go with. I plan to wait it out just another week or two just to see whether they can get their act together.

What happens is that when I connect initially, its fine. I get connected and all. Then, after a while (can be 5 mins after, can be 15 hours) the transfer rate of my downloads, uploads, browsing and everything drops to zero. The top "Network Indicator" still counts up and doesn't seem to know what's going on. Activity Monitor says Data received/sec: 0 Bytes.

I was wondering if there was any way to tell automator to constantly watch the transfer rates, and that when it does see the downstream go zero, it Automator disconnects and then reconnects the DSL service.

Or is there any other alternative for me to get to do this? Is this even possible?

I hope someone can help me.

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.