IDE hard drive not recocgnized by system please help

Reaction score
Hello to all
I have an IDE to USB adapter and a couple of weeks maybe a months ago i had connected it to my imac and used three ide drives to take data to my imac.
Yesterday i tried to coinnect the same drive and adapter and teh drive wasnt recognized not even i teh disk utility. The only pace that i can see something is on system profiler where it states the brand and the speed of the data transfer .
Why it isnt detected?i mean i havent changed any jumperso the hard disks,they are exactly the same as before when they were nicely detected by teh system....
can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
What version of OS are you - the latest 10.5.6 update has a few bugs it sounds like. This update was a few weeks ago I believe.

If you want to back up you need to Archive and Install and get the combo updater before 10.5.6 and do not let it update to 10.5.6.

OP
Red_Apple
Reaction score
What version of OS are you - the latest 10.5.6 update has a few bugs it sounds like. This update was a few weeks ago I believe.

If you want to back up you need to Archive and Install and get the combo updater before 10.5.6 and do not let it update to 10.5.6.

Hello and thak you for teh repply !
yeah i have the latest version of OS X 10.5.6 and maybe that is teh reason that is causing that i cnat recognize any ide to usb drives :( so what are my option??i cnt go back to a previous version can i?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.