Time Machine Set Up with 2Wire 1800GH Router/Modem

Reaction score
I followed the setup listed in my book, but the airport on my macbook pro showed connected but not the internet. I downloaded the time capsule CD on my laptop and PC. I wound up disconnecting everything and putting it back to it's original set-up. What is the best way for me to set up my Macbook Pro and my desktop PC which is an HP desktop. This is how things work now. PC is wireless and so is the printer. I had these first, which they are connected to my wireless router/modem (2 Wire) 1800GH Gateway for my DSL internet w/AT&T in another room. When I purchased my Laptop Macbook Pro 17 and my Iphone, I changed my PC to shared PC and shared printer and linked my phone and Macbook to the (2 Wire) network. I want to use my new time capsule as a back up for my PC and Laptop and Do I need to buy another modem or use the AT&T router/modem. DO I set up another connection by it self? NOt sure what to do. I want the most out of my Time Capsule. I've read alot of posts, but it starts getting confusing, since I'm not a computer geek. Alos my printer is bluetooth and wireless 802.11g Photosmart C7180 and the HP Desktop has built in wireless 802.11B/G its a Q6600 Quad Processor. Also I have a splitter/filter on my phone line from the box then the phone line into the 2 Wire. Also the two wire has three ethernet ports and a usb connection port. Also, forgot to ad when i go thru the airport set up and it comes up showing my 2wire to connect to thru and says WEP and then input security code to access, for some reason my ten digit code for the modem is not being recognized? I want to make sure its a secure network, because i can see others in my neighborhood that aren't secure.Also, forgot to ad when i go thru the airport set up and it comes up showing my 2wire to connect to thru and says WEP and then input security code to access, for some reason my ten digit code for the modem is not being recognized? I want to make sure its a secure network, because i can see others in my neighborhood that aren't secure.

Please Help

Michael

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.