? about nano

Reaction score
well i believe i have the 8 gig 4th gen nano (the one with coverflow?) and i wanted to know if anyone knew how to restore it? the problem is my old computer died :( and my new one wont accept my ipod so.... what to do? anything will be helpful be cause i had to go out and buy a wall charger just to charge and i cant add any songs or anything like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Your answer should lie in one of the following questions:

Is iTunes installed on your new computer?
Is it the latest version of iTunes?

As for your iPod, if you are unsure of which model it is, describe it. Is it sort on short with a square screen, or is it long with rectangular screen?

OP
B
Reaction score
it is the one after the square screened one and yes to both of those questions. i did i little reading and i found that once an ipod is mated to a computer it can only be compliable on that computer soooooo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
That's untrue, your iPod can be synced to as many as 5 computers. Mac or PC, however I don't believe both platforms at the same time, though don't quote me on that. I don't really know what your problem is, but I'd recommend Apple's support page. You can can contact them directly through a support ticket, check their discussion boards, or check their documentation on the iPod Nano.

OP
B
Reaction score
do u have to have an active account with itunes because i forgot my info and i cant buy music so?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Yes, you do

You can activate a new account easily I believe, it's been years since I've had to, so I'm not sure of the process really.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.