A question about iPod backup software

Reaction score
Hello. I have a bit of a dilemma, and was hoping to get some input here. My old iPod (nearing on six years old) has finally filled up, and has a number of other problems besides, so I've finally broken down and gotten a new one, with much more space. I was hoping to get all my old music onto my new iPod. My old iPod is not synced with iTunes; I have always manually added new music. Most of the music is imported from CDs, some is bought from iTunes, and a bit of it was downloaded many years ago from, er... other sources.
I have done a bit of research into backup utilities, such as Xilisoft's iPod Rip, Touchcopy, and iPod Disk Copy (which is free). I'm still not sure which I should get. I will need to backup a lot of files, and I would prefer if they retained the additional information (genres, special playlists, etc.). Naturally, I would also prefer a free program, but I'll take what I can get. I'm a little wary of programs that will trash the files on my iPod while transferring them to my computer, since some of them will be tricky or even impossible to recover should something go wrong. As long as it's all backed up, though, and ready to be moved to my new iPod, I guess it's okay.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

–Steven

Reaction score
Why not just copy the data to your Mac using SENUTI ? It used to free/donation, now it looks like you have to pay for it. Either way it's great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.