Alaska school district providing PowerBooks to students

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Alaska school district providing PowerBooks to students
September 9, 2003 - 08:48 EDT Alaska's Denali Borough school district has announced plans to give a 12-inch PowerBook G4 to every student in grades 9 through 12. A total of 129 of the laptops will be given to high schoolers at Tri-Valley, Anderson and Cantwell schools, according to the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner (outdated link removed). This "one-on-one initiative" is the result of a partnership between the school district and Apple, and is based on programs in other states, particularly in Virginia and in Maine (both of which we have reported on).

My Notes: Well now aren't they lucky! It makes me wish I was born a little later than I was :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Cool, i wish my school did that when I was still in it... I wonder if my college would ever do that... (haha yea right)

My Notes: Yes but now you can buy your own powerbook :)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I know the college I used to go to.. it'll be a long time before that ever happens.

Yeah.. still paying it off also *hehe*

U

unl33t

its amusing that they didn't do that in the capital, Juneau. course Juneau's school budget is blown to **** on a regular basis. my father was number 46 of 49 early retirement teachers. DOH!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.