I need to Re install iPhoto

Reaction score
I screwed up and deleted necessary files for iPhoto, I downlowded it from version tracker, but still doesn't open.

Reaction score
try uninstalling all the packages and receipts of iphoto. Search through spotlight and delete everything that has something to do with iphoto you may also search library>receipts then remove iphoto packages there.
Now pop in the CD1 that came from your mac. Choose optional install then inside it will give you bundled and optional installs options. Choose bundled options inside. Just click next, continue and agree make sure you find the window that has the "customize button" click on it then you'll see iphoto there. Reinstall it

Reaction score
how to uninstall

Ok, I need to do the same thing - uninstall my iphoto, but I am not quite clear on how to uninstall something...do we just drag it to the trash??
My iphoto will not open up at all - it keeps telling me my library is locked, and then it quits on me. So, I want to uninstall my current program and re-install it to start fresh...

Reaction score
yes just drag the application to trash and do a spotlight search and type iphoto. Delete everything that has something to do with iphoto. Follow the instructions above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ok, I need to do the same thing - uninstall my iphoto, but I am not quite clear on how to uninstall something...do we just drag it to the trash??
My iphoto will not open up at all - it keeps telling me my library is locked, and then it quits on me. So, I want to uninstall my current program and re-install it to start fresh...
If you library file is locked, locate it in your "Home > Photos" folder and then hit command+i.

The "info" window will open and there should be a checkbox called "locked" uncheck it and see if that fixes the issue.

Reaction score
Locked Library

Thanks for that advice. I did that, and it is not locked. I think the problem lies in different versions of iLife...I may be SOL until I get my new Mac...

Reaction score
thanks...I will try that, but I have learned that I can't re-install ilife on the iMac from my MacBook OS, so, I will likely have to wait to get my new Mac. I do have iLife '05, but I doubt that will work...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.