• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New (To Me) Vehicle Poll

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Where a VW is made depends on the model, not the market. For instance, a Rabbit (Golf) is made in Germany, Jetta's are made in Mexico and Eos's are made in Portugal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
Uhh... not to burst your bubble or anything, but you do realize that most, if not all, VW's in the American market ARE made in Mexico? Even if the car is a "Wolfsburg" Edition, they stopped making those in the Wolfsburg plant after the MK2's. The Jetta I drive now is a MK3 Getta (has a golf front end) Wolfsburg Edition that, you guessed it, was produced and built right over the border in Mexico. Presently, the only difference between a Wolfsburg and GLS edition is subtle exterior and interior differences (the Wolfie is styled more along the lines of a GLI, without the upgraded suspension, transmissions, wheels & tires, etc). If yours is really made in Germany I would love to see a shot of the label in the door jam showing this!

It'll take a look when I get to the parking garage, but I'm 99% sure of what it'll say! Take a look at the new wolfsburg actually, the 2008-09 had the 2.0t, DSG, and 17" Classix from the 06-07 gti, all for 20-22k. Good value for money.

OP
appleisgreat
Reaction score
Where a VW is made depends on the model, not the market. For instance, a Rabbit (Golf) is made in Germany, Jetta's are made in Mexico and Eos's are made in Portugal

Now, That very well could be true. I just know that the MK3 Jettas, or the newer Jettas (to my knowledge), are not made in Germany. Different VW models could very well be made elsewhere though.

As for the thread's original purpose, I truthfully think I am going to look into the F150 (or maybe a Chevy/GMC, although I am really not a big fan of them). I will definetely test drive a Jeep though and see how I like those also. Who knows, it could be another month or two before I make the purchase, so well see what it comes down too. Be sure that I will be making another thread with pictures of the final outcome when the day comes ;D. Thanks for everyones opinions, and feel free to keep them coming. I like a good car discussion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
Now, That very well could be true. I just know that the MK3 Jettas, or the newer Jettas (to my knowledge), are not made in Germany. Different VW models could very well be made elsewhere though.

As for the thread's original purpose, I truthfully think I am going to look into the F150 (or maybe a Chevy/GMC, although I am really not a big fan of them). I will definetely test drive a Jeep though and see how I like those also. Who knows, it could be another month or two before I make the purchase, so well see what it comes down too. Be sure that I will be making another thread with pictures of the final outcome when the day comes ;D. Thanks for everyones opinions, and feel free to keep them coming. I like a good car discussion.

OK, looked at my rabbit, didn't find the sticker and it was cold an snowing here in PA, so I did some research and.... Turns out you were right 1/3 of the way ;). Engine: Mexico (2.5l), Transmission: Germany (Manual), Assembly: Wolfsburg.

Good luck with the new car, still give the Jetta a test drive ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Dodge, Ford, Chevy.. you name it.. I've probably had it. One of the worst was a GMC k25. The Dodge was EXTREMELY reliable engine wise (cummins), the rest of it was falling apart.. the GM's.. the engines had issues.. Ford.. electrical

The words Ford and electrical never go together, at least not for me :Shouting:

OP
appleisgreat
Reaction score
The words Ford and electrical never go together, at least not for me :Shouting:

Neither do the words Volkswagon and Electrical. Thats a problem they have been dealing with since the 70's when the released the Sciroccos. I am willing to deal with that on either vehicle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.