Adding widgets to the Dashboard

Reaction score
I did a search for these directions, but it says to press F12 and that key doesn't do the widgets...it does the sound.

What I want to do is remove something from the dashboard and maybe add something.

THANKS if you can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
If you download a widget it should automatically install them for you. To open the dashboard you can click the dashboard icon on the dock... should look like a compass.

OP
silvermac4108
Reaction score
If you download a widget it should automatically install them for you. To open the dashboard you can click the dashboard icon on the dock... should look like a compass.

Ok....I opened the dashboard...it is F4 on my computer, but I don't see where you can add or delete anything. I see it in the dock as well...thanks.

Can you help with that please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
you want to delete them from being open in dashboard or from the computer completely? If you want to close them in dashboard just hit alt/option and there should be an "X" to click. Not sure how to delete them completely. As for installing them, just download the widget file and double click it. It should install it's self. To open it just open dashboard and click the plus sign on the bottom left side.

OP
silvermac4108
Reaction score
you want to delete them from being open in dashboard or from the computer completely? If you want to close them in dashboard just hit alt/option and there should be an "X" to click. Not sure how to delete them completely. As for installing them, just download the widget file and double click it. It should install it's self. To open it just open dashboard and click the plus sign on the bottom left side.

I don't want them in the dashboard. Ok...that worked...I finally saw the + in the lower left corner.

THANK YOU.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.