Weird: Wireless connectivity question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 Ghz powerpc G5 2.5gb ddr Ram - OSX 10.4.8
My MacPro Dual does not see my unsecure homewireless network (but it picks up my neighbors secure wirless network).

What is weird is that, on a mac laptop, i can successfully connect to my home unsecure wirless network.

Weird!!

Please help with any feedback.
(I can't afford to run a 30 foot ethernet cable in my small room.)
Thx

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP,10.5, 2.4 GHz, 2G ram
Check airport to see if it shows more than one network available. Your mac might defaulting to your neighbors.

We have 2 wireless networks in our home. My mac likes to default to the business one, which is less reliable because it's too far away from where I have the mac. I often have to manually switch it over to the other one.

I'm not sure if you can set one as a default. I am still very new to macs and haven't gotten that far yet.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 Ghz powerpc G5 2.5gb ddr Ram - OSX 10.4.8
Yes, thats a good question:
it didn't come with a wireless card. I found a spare and put it in (hope i didn't need a special kit as I've heard about in the past).

But the aircard went right in and it picked up my neighbors network.
I tried to manually join my unsecure network unsuccessfully (and add the linksys wireless unsuccessful) but neither worked, too.

I've ran software update to the max...not sure what it is, cause i can connect to the same wireless network with any other laptops in my apt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.