iMac Froze

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My iMac froze when I was surfing the net a moment ago. Not just the browser though, but everything else was pretty much paralyzed for a while. The mouse couldn't move, I couldn't change spaces, and I couldn't bring up the force quit window for me to quit anything. I had to forcefully press the power button to shut down everything and restart again, and I don't feel comfortable doing that.

Does this happen every once in a while, or should I be worried? What should I do?

I do routine cleaning with OnyX, and I have no idea what went wrong there. What else do I need to do to maintain my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
It's a computer and it's going to happen regardless of what OS you run. Granted, it happens less with OSX compared to Windows, but it can still happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If it is a rare event for you than just ignore it. This is not a common occurrence for a Macintosh, but can happen.

If it is occurring more often then start paying attention to when it happens to try to track down the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
As long as it doesn't happen again, you shouldn't have to worry about it. Computers and machines will always have problems with them, its in their nature:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Happens to me about once every 18 months.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.