ibook freezing on blue grayish screen please help asap

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I tried to turn on my computer today and it got stuck on the bluish gray screen and i have no idea what to do
I tried booting while holding the option button but all that did was bring two buttons, one a refresher, and one a right arrow, and then my mouse became a clock, then froze
My computer for the past.....6 months?? makes a loud noise whenever i open it up from booting or sleep it sounds like something is spinning loudly in the disc drive but theres nothing in it ever and i doubt thats what it exactly is
I NEED HELP ON THIS ASAP i have a huge term paper coming up and i need this laptop (im on my brothers IBM atm)
thanks a ton

Edit: Im running 10.4.11 and this thing might be the cause but i had just finished downloading leopard from rapidshare (sorry lol)
and i was currently unraring the files (my next step was to burn onto a dvd but i hadnt actually installed anything) before this happened. If that was the cause i dont care if i have to delete them or anything i just want my computer back and the download links came from a friend of mine on a forum they werent sketchy at all

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.